I have been slacking in my blogging, frankly I don’t even know what the date or day is! That I believe is the sign of truly enjoying your vacation. Anyway, I shall proceed with my second edition of highlights, you can check out the first one here.
1. Bros reception- I have a bhabi!!! it’s the most amazing feeling to have a fellow sister in the house. This was the main event for the holiday. And while the actual reception was beautiful, a lot of new people to meet, and catching up with family. Batool decided to be cranky and annoying. She sucked all leisure out of the day for me, and I hardly ate or spoke to anyone. But all in all it was a fine evening, celebrating my brother and his wife! Here’s a pic of the couple with my younger brother, Batool and of course me.
2. The beach- Batool had mistaken Dubai for the beach, she has talked about it in the past two years and was under the impression that we were heading right there after landing! We had great fun, and she enjoyed a lot too, the grandparents were all there to share the beach experience with her.
3. Dubai Mall Aquariam and under water zoo– We were lucky with this one because the great croc was on display, it had arrived recently and weighs over 750 kilos! Crazy stuff…we saw it in action as well, when it was getting fed. The under water zoo was a great experience. However I have realised that I am not a touristy person. I do not have a liking for animals, except maybe the larger species of the cat family. I took a zillion pictures, was amazed by the variety there, saw an octopus up close and personal, and I’m sure this would go down very well in Batools memories.
4. Global village- Well this was a family thing through and through. I remember when I was in school we used to go to global village mainly for the rides. That was it, insane rides and I was never the scared one. But this time I skipped it off completely, why? Well, as a mom you become too cautious, you don’t want anything to happen to you, because that would mean a lot of negative things happening to your child. Safety trumps adrenaline. We didn’t take many pics here.
5. Qanat Al Qasbah boat ride– I liked this, it’s my kinda thing for a vacation. Any form of chilling. Speaking of chilling, it was cold and the elder bro (at his best) suggested we we have mini melts. I am down for experience this trip and the last time I had mini melts was when I was in school….
We the young gang sat in the Eye of the Emirates (giant wheel) after the boat ride. This was the safest and yet adventurous thing. I haven’t sat in a giant wheel in ages.
and the view from the eye….
That’s about it for the second edition of highlights…..Will do another one soon…Have to post up a haul too…..