Happy New Year mommies!
I have been off the internet for quite some time due to internet issues with my lap top. But now it’s fixed and it’s time for an update.
My flight got delayed royally, it was not fun to be stuck at the airport with a kid who desperately wanted to just land in Dubai. This made the plane journey even more exhausting for me.
Dubai is great, the weather is awesome, for me it’s an experience of mixed emotions. I get slightly depressed just absorbing the goodness of a developed country, a country I was born and raised in. And i definitely can’t help comparing it to the rape nation.
The highlights thus far have been:
1. Being able to get out whenever, and walk without having to think 100 times about safety. I have taken the Dubai metro, I have ridden the public transport. Got a Nol card too, makes me feel so empowered. Ive gotten home back after 3 AM, with my brother/s. Nothing I can do in Hyderabad ever!
2. Batools loving the exposure to outside, we haven’t done anything specific for her yet, but she’s enjoying spontaneous outings with the family
3. 31st was great day, I got my much wanted casual outerwear from HnM. We went for a dinner and drive. Batool was taken care of by my mom. Also I have ruled out that I do not enjoy steak.
4. Dubai makes me think about moving here. But life isn’t up to me.
5. Watched Horrible Bosses 2 at VOX in the MOE Highly recommend it. The movie is insane, and its the kind of comedy movies you can watch multiple times, cos the jokes and acting is all too good.
6. I finally wore my new studded flats, I was too scared to wear them in Hyd.
6. My bros cam is great for selfies. Took this one at the union station
I shall be posting highlights all throughout my trip apart from my regular posts. Have a positive year everyone!